A phobia is the excessive and often irrational fear of an object, animal or situation. Being in the presence of, or even just the idea of the feared object can cause an extreme emotional and sometimes physical reaction, and panic attacks are extremely common. For some this is a nuisance for others it is crippling.
Types of phobia:
- Animal: snakes, spiders, other insects, dogs, birds etc
- Natural Environment: storms, water, heights
- Situational: tunnels, lifts, driving, flying, bridges, enclosed spaces
- Blood-Injection-Injury (BII): seeing blood, receiving an injection or invasive medical procedure
- Other: choking, vomiting, contracting an illness, loud noises, costumed characters